Deep Mandelbrot is a small command line utility to compute pretty pictures (or
movies) of any size and depth of the famous Mandelbrot set and its surroundings.
The most important features are:
- Multi-threaded computation to support modern multi-core CPUs efficiently
- Arbitrary precision computations (using the libgmp) so only your hardware is the limit!
- Normalized iteration count to achieve continuous coloring (and to avoid color bands)
- Image Oversampling to enhance the quality of the resulting PNG image
- Lots of selected color tables and the possibility to re-color an already computed data frame
- Optional histogram as table for further analysis (e. g. with Octave or
Matlab) plus chosen 'color table vs histogram' as another PNG image
- Support for easy movie creation
mandelbrot-1.0.tar.gz (written for Linux
but should work on other Unixes also)
Many thanks to Tim Horton for
providing central parts of the program as open source.
This software is licensed under the GPLv2.